• NYA Engine Service

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by DaveBarraza

Does NYA take care of all of their engine service (fuel, sand, etc.) at Fresh Pond... or do they go to Richmond Hill, or somewhere else?

Thanks!
  by DogBert

All at their small shop in fresh pond. Bigger jobs get done at LIRR's shop.

Around 8 or 10 years ago they sent two GP38's to P&W to re-geared. Not sure if the other two were ever done by lirr, but they certainly didn't leave the island if it was done...
  by DaveBarraza

Thanks!

How about diesel? I don't see a fueling pad on Google sat view...
  by freightguy

The fuel truck takes care of that. I think even back to LIRR freight days the fuel truck would load up the engines at the outlying points. Same goes for NYAR at Pineaire near Brentwood.
  by Teutobergerwald

How would a fuel truck reach the power at Pine-Aire without stretching the hose across the electrified Main Line tracks? Is there a spur on the south side of the right-of-way that the NYA power can tuck into for refueling?
  by mainline

Fuel truck would enter Elm Global. Power would be fueled on backtrack. Sometimes they would put the fuel hose through the fence. Not sure if this happens anymore. I was told that all power was fueled at Fresh Pond.
  by DaveBarraza

Thank you!!!