Railroad Forums 

• NYA East of KO operations?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1283059  by LINYARailfan

Hello all, I know that NYA goes out east of KO at night and I am looking to clarify a few things on the RS60s night time operation east of Ronkonkoma.
1. What time would I be able to see NYA actually picking up and dropping off cars at the Brookhaven Rail Terminal? Would it be on the Eastbound trip or the Westbound trip? Also too when will there new Genset locomotive be making its way out to BRT on the RS60 if it hasn't already been delivered to BRT by NYA? Time and date would be helpful if possible.
2. How often does NYA go all the way out to Riverhead? The last few times My father and I have gone all the way out to Riverhead at night thinking they are going to show, we wait at the Riverhead Station next to the RMLI track and by 1:00AM we finally quit because they don't show. Do they run double end when they go to Riverhead so they don't have to run around in LD or do they always run around in LD when they go to Riverhead?
3. How often do they go to the Calverton Spur and how many active customers are currently using the Calverton spur? When they go to Calverton, do they usually run double end or do they go to Riverhead to run around in LD when they go to Calverton?
4. Is it true that NYA is thinking of switching the RS60 back to the day time or at this time there are no plans in the books to do that?
Thanks