• North Station Service on the Green Line after June 20

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Zaphod

I took my ride yesterday. My daughter was already patiently putting up with my railfanning, so I didn't try to take a good luck at the track layout while I was passing through from Haymarket to North Station.

by Ron Newman

Today's Boston Globe article on the Green Line relocation and yesterday's Last Ride.

by Robert Paniagua

Now, that means that everyone will now have to drive 5 hours down to New York and ride their aboveground lines if they like, I may do it again there.

by Ron Newman

We've still got Charles, and Beachmont, and the Red Line elevated near Fields Corner. Granted, that's not much...

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, you're right, but what I mean is riding over automobile traffic on a street, and pedestrians on a sidewalk, and watching all of that from above.

Now, that's gotta be done in NYCT-land, although I've already been there, but I'll have to "revisit". Beachmot, its right over an intersection, and Fields corner is actually on a raised ground structure, not on a "freestanding" EL structure.

by Ron Newman

Fields Corner station itself is not elevated, but the train does cross Dorchester Avenue on an overpass.

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, you're right, I've also ridden on that route, but an overpass like that is.................nothing.

While Charles/MGH on the Boston Side is just nothing more than a mere 500 feet of actual EL trackage, nothing like the Green Line North Station or certainly NYCT's continous aboveground routes.