• NKP 587 Boiler Inspection?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by CHomko

Anyone have any word on the progress of 587's boiler inspection? Last I knew in Spring 2004, 587 was stripped down for the inspection summer of 2003 and then was waiting for the grant money to come through.

by CHomko

Well, I guess I can now answer my own question. Most recent news is that the 587 is still waiting the grant funds which should be available "any month now".

by CHomko

587 was moved into the barn at ITM a week or two before Christmas 2004. Still no grant money. Its amazing that this project was approved by INDOT before NKP 765 got their grant. 765 should be done in May 2005.

by CIOR

CHomko wrote:587 was moved into the barn at ITM a week or two before Christmas 2004. Still no grant money. Its amazing that this project was approved by INDOT before NKP 765 got their grant. 765 should be done in May 2005.
Its all who you know and what buttons to push. Then add in how much they are really willing to do.

At any rate, atleast the 765 will be out and about.