• NJ Transit models in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Njt4300

Does anyone know if there are anyother NJ Transit models avalible other than the Comet 2 cabs and coaches and F-40 locomotives. Im looking for NJT comet 3 or 4's and an Ho scale gp-40

by busperson

:P Atlas makes a Alps, as far as the geeps the only ones i have seen they were scratch built.

by busperson

:P the more i think about it there was a set of trains, maybe it was ihc that had it but it was a f-unit. but that was a few moons ago. good luck

by astrosa

Try IHP, they make the HBLR cars and an Arrow I kit that can be converted to make a Comet IB. They also plan to release a GP40FH-2, but that is not in production yet. I believe there was also once slated to be a run of Comet IIIs based on a master made by Frank Cicero, but I'm not sure if they ever materialized.

Note that these are resin models and so are more expensive than regular plastic models. However, they're really your only source for NJT models unless you want to build them yourself.

Frank Cicero has written articles in Railroad Model Craftsman describing how to build Comet IVs, the GP40FH-2, and an ALP-46 among others.
  by acelaman

Atlas makes the NJT ALP44 and used to make the U34CH in NJT colors. You have the Bachmann F40, a Walthers F40 for NJTand Walthers E60.Some of those older models are hard to find(E60,U34CH) but with a little diligence and luck, you should be able to pick them up, just be patient.. Pretty much anything else, your going to have to fend for yourself. This is not too hard of a task. First thing you'll need are Microscale NJT decals for locomotives. Folllow that with some paint as per the prototypes and you should be well on your way towards building up your loco roster. So far I have completed an F7A, GP40, GP40PH-2, ALP44M, SW1500, GP40FH-2, GP40-2,and I am finishing up an ALP46, following Mr. Frank Cicero's excellent articles in Model Railroad Craftsman(great info for you)I am quite pleased the the outcome of my work. Like I said earlier, just be patient and I think you'll be okay! Good luck.

by steemtrayn

overland had a GP40PH-2 for over $800, i think it's sold out.

by Njt4300

Thanks every one for the info! My goal is to model alot of the NJT system..... I've already completed the Atlantic City Line..... I have a HUGE basement and I am modeling every town on the ACL......... The only exeptions are Im using F-40's, and C-2 cars, which isnt that much wrong becasuce back in the day thats what the ACL had! I just ordered a set of the Arrow cars for my NEC model once again thank you to everyone and if you find any more info please tell me! O by the way I am turning my C-2 Cabs into C-3's put striping on the front and a door in the midle, I also buy Gp-40 loco's and sand them down and put NJT decals. I have also tried this with an SD-45, which really looks like a GP-402B

by ACrail_mascot

I have a kitbashed GP40PH-2B 4207,GP40FH 4130,F40PH-2CAT 4116 and a set of C2 and C4
  by cnj1524

Does anybody know where I can get
NJT decals in ho scale,I build 3 gp40ph-2s
from rail power products sd45s,but microscale
has been out for some time now,I think 3 years

anything would help

by Ken S.

busperson wrote::P the more i think about it there was a set of trains, maybe it was ihc that had it but it was a f-unit. but that was a few moons ago. good luck
IHC makes the E8, GG1, and what are supposed to the "Jersey Builder" cars. The only other affordably priced plastic NJT models are the Walthers Comet I/II, Atlas U34CH if you can find one, Atlas ALP44 if you can find one, and the Spectrum or Trainline if you can find one F40PH.