• New SEPTA Loco

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by mcgrath618

903 just passed by Bryn Mawr on the Paoli/Thorndale line
  by mcgrath618

Either someone lied, or SEPTA delayed the deploying of the Sprinters AGAIN.
  by CNJGeep

mcgrath618 wrote:Either someone lied, or SEPTA delayed the deploying of the Sprinters AGAIN.
The latter.
  by mcgrath618

As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
This would also explain the halt in production.
  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
Is the brake issue one of compatibility with the Bombers or something else? With 70 +/- Sprinters delivered to Amtrak and running well in service, I have to believe that Siemens has the design down pretty well at this point.
  by amtrakhogger

glennk419 wrote:
mcgrath618 wrote:As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
Is the brake issue one of compatibility with the Bombers or something else? With 70 +/- Sprinters delivered to Amtrak and running well in service, I have to believe that Siemens has the design down pretty well at this point.
Did Septa spec a Wabco or NY Airbrake setup?
  by mcgrath618

glennk419 wrote:
I don't know for sure, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it's with the Bombers.
  by Backshophoss

Siemens is most likely working on a software update for the brake computer.
  by mcgrath618

601 had a full consist at Wayne Junction today.
  by mcgrath618

Was talking to a SEPTA conductor last night who says that during tests, one of the Sprinters tore down some catenary wire or something.
  by glennk419

Information from another forum is that 901 is out testing on the West Trenton line with a six car set this afternoon. Cab car 2407 is on the other end.
  by mcgrath618

glennk419 wrote:Information from another forum is that 901 is out testing on the West Trenton line with a six car set this afternoon. Cab car 2407 is on the other end.
What other forum?
  by ChesterValley

It's offical: SEPTA 901 has made it's inaugural run
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/t ... 80711.html
Locomotive 901 made its ceremonial inaugural run at SEPTA’s Chestnut Hill East Station in advance of getting to work on the Paoli-Thorndale Line, Regional Rail’s busiest.
The ACS-64s are replacing SEPTA’s aging fleets of AEM-7 and ALP-44 locomotives and are equipped with positive train control, an advanced system designed to automatically stop a train from running into another train or speeding,

[Kneuppel] joked that he is considering cutting up the old engines and turning them into paper weights to give to riders who had complained about service in the past.
  by mcgrath618

Time to stop at Radnor station on the way home from work and hope I get lucky!
  by liftedjeep

mcgrath618 wrote:Time to stop at Radnor station on the way home from work and hope I get lucky!
As of last week, the Septa Sprinters were still in testing. #901 was spotted testing on the West Trenton Line last week.
Ben