• New Scenic Excursion Railroad in Pennsylvania

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by svrrrail

Greetings railroad.net patrons,

My name is Brian Roslund, I serve as President/CEO of Susquehanna Valley Railroad Company, Inc. I have chosen this opportunity to explain some background information on the Susquehanna Valley Railroad (SVRR) and respond to the recent thread closures by the moderator.

Susquehanna Valley Railroad Company, Inc. is a privately held corporation formed in November of 2005 for the purpose of operating a scenic, excursion railroad in Pennsylvania. Since 2005 there has been some confusion regarding the name of our company and an STB filing by the North Shore Railroad Company.

The January, 2006 STB filing that has been referenced using our name, is out of date and has been amended. Our understanding is all Robey owned lines are now under a holding company named Susquehanna Union Railroad, Inc. Please understand this is the current information available to us at this time. I have no involvement with the North Shore Railroad and do not serve as its spokesman. I can only answer questions on behalf of Susquehanna Valley Railroad Company, Inc.

Since our formation in 2005 SVRR has been; purchasing rail equipment, securing lease agreements, organizing a board of directors and preparing for the operations grand opening. Currently, we at SVRR are not prepared to release any more information regarding the route traveled, equipment operated or season schedule. Several items need to be resolved before any public announcements.

The railroad felt this response was necessary following several defaming comments and post closures from BWPARKER. I would hope that he may reopen the two posts he recently closed so the information offered by operators and our friends in the railroad community can be discussed.

The management of Susquehanna Valley Railroad thanks railroad.net and the volunteers that operate such an excellent railroad forum. I trust this correspondence will clear up any misunderstandings in past postings.

We apologize for the inability to offer any further information regarding our operations. However, as soon as press releases become available we will be sure to post one here. If you are interested in joining our mailing list for information (when it becomes available) you may mail my office at; Susquehanna Valley Railroad Company, Inc., P.O. Box 228, Towanda, PA 18848 or e-mail [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Brian P. Roslund
President/CEO
Susquehanna Valley Railroad Company, Inc.
Last edited by svrrrail on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Irish Chieftain

If you are who you say you are, I take it you realize that you are out of order? but since instead you use this post as a vehicle for personal attacks against the moderator instead of having the guts to contact him via a more personal channel and ask him to reopen the locked thread. A company president would be aware of such protocols, versus breaching all such.

Is it me, or has the tenor of this room taken a turn towards the immature?

by bwparker1

This post can stand for the purposes of allowing the CEO to answer questions from the membership regarding his original post.

That being said, already there is misleading information, which is grounds to deletion or having this locked, and will be acted upon in the future.

http://www.stb.dot.gov/decisions/Readin ... /36617.pdf

You don't just willy-nilly file with the STB and then "amend" as the CEO claims has been done, a name without a similar filing. No such filing as to the amendment is present on the STB site. The railroad industry is a heavily regulated one, unless you manage to operate on trackage that is not part of the general railway system, such as a museum like the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum, which operates approximately 1 mile of track laid by volunteers.

Indeed there is holding company owned by Richard Robey with the name of Susquehanna Valley Railroad Corporation for the purposes of the joint ownership, as cofirmed by an STB filing. I think the fact that the word "company" is present in the name of the current poster allows for the two to exist.

We all look forward to your update on your operations and such information as what equipment is leased and ready for use in PA, where you will be running, your website, etc. When such information is public and can be verified via the STB, FRA or periodical, we will welcome such credible information.

Good luck!

by Andyt293

As co-moderator of this board, I stand behind the decision of BWParker to lock the aforementioned thread as well as his comments above. I did not find any thing that Brooks wrote to be defaming.

by RussNelson

A point of order: creative works get copyrighted. Names get trademarked. A locked thread contains an accusation of copyright infringement when trademark infringement is a more appropriate charge, if appropriate at all.

by bwparker1

I have no basis to say that either trademark or copyright infringement is indeed involved, however, I will continue to maintain that the STB document I have referenced legitimizes the aforementioned holding company that operates several shortlines in Pennsylvania. As my previous post states, I welcome and all questions and comments to Mr. Roslund and Mr. Hagan and their replies to such inquiries, as long is information is accurate and can be proven factual when required. If they are able to create and operate an excursion shortline in Pennsylvania, it would be a benefit to all of our members. That being said, I cannot stress the importance of information being factual and credible via a third party, which is my view the STB and FRA are able to do as regulating agencies governing the national operation of the general railway system. If any other members have questions regarding the possible new shortline, please continue to ask in this thread.

BWP
Last edited by bwparker1 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

by brianpwestgate

Brooks, Mr. Roslund is correct. When Robey found out about this outfit, he indeed filed with the STB to call his company Susquehanna Union. That would mean that is the name of Robey's company, I believe.
BPW

by bwparker1

I will stand by my assertion that any such name change "should" appear on the STB website, which it does not, but if someone can produce information on such a filing other than what they heard about, then that would truly resolve the issue. Again, the railroading industry is highly regulated as most of you are aware.

BWP

by pablo

Perhaps someone can explian this for me. I have read Brooks' posts for some time, and he has always proven to be knowledgeable and thorough, so I am inclined to believe him first, and I mean no offense to him.

That being said, what in God's name is the fuss? I understand that if it's not on the STB's site, it doesn't exist. So, are we arguing whether any company exists? Or are we arguing over the ownership of the group that is said to exist?

Further...what is to gain by being "sneaky" (yes, my word, and a judgment word, too) about the name of the company, etc.?

Anyone can PM me if they don't wish to post it here.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Becker
  by bwparker1

I have verified that there are two corporations as Mr. Roslund has stated. Let this be the end of this discussion and keep future questions to future operations of this new shortline. Good luck! Again, please remember that information verifiable by a third source will be respected, and had this public information been posted initially, we would have been fine.

Susquehanna Valley Railroad Compnay, Inc.
http://www.corporations.state.pa.us/cor ... sp?2417450

Susquehanna Union Railroad Company
http://www.corporations.state.pa.us/cor ... sp?2429832

by PVRX1

SVRR wasn't that the reporting marks for Shamokin Valley Railroad?

Really not seeing the need for these folks to be secretive when trying to build up investors, volunteers, etc.

by VaCentralRwy

At the risk of causing more chaos, SVRR reporting marks are still in use with the Shenandoah Valley Railroad in Virginia.

by railwatcher

Amazing and the fact that they were filed only 9 days apart. Adds more confusion, the Wellsboro address, does that relate to Tioga Central (Corning NY to Wellsboro PA) ?

by bwparker1

I'm sorry, I have to dig this up...

How is the Susquehanna Railroad Corporation doing, now that the W&C and the Tioga Central has been sold to another, non-related party? When will the trains be running guys?

BWP

by RS-3

OK, I've been confused from the get-go re all the "discussion" re the Susquehanna Valley, but now there's a Susquehanna Railroad Corp too? Geeze, as if we didn't have enough Susquehannas to deal with, who and what is the Susquehanna RR and are they connected to the NYS&W, the Susquehanna Union or the Susquehanna Valley?

RS