Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by railtrailbiker

Even before it opens early next month, the city's new transit center has people lining up to get in — 800 motorists have put their names on a waiting list for a parking space at the $20 million facility.

The opening of the intermodal transportation center, originally scheduled for November of last year, was repeatedly pushed back when weather interfered with construction.

Officials are now promising the center will open June 7 for reserved parking only, nearly a week after the June 1 date set earlier in the spring.

The five-level structure, on North Avenue alongside the New Rochelle railroad station, contains 920 parking spaces and a bus depot that will bring together county and intercity buses from several downtown locations. The center will continue to provide waiting areas for taxis.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/ ... arage.html

by NIMBYkiller

I never even knew this was happening til a few days ago. This seems like a real great project. It always amazed me that the Greyhound terminal was not at the train station. I'm definately going sometime soon.