• New construction in Gardner, MA

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by trainsinmaine

I think that one major advantage of building a multimodal facility on Route 31 or extending service to Gardner is that it can be a pain in the neck to get in and out of Fitchburg. Downtown Fitchburg has long needed an arterial that would connect it with Route 2. It has been discussed for years, but little has come of the idea. The business district is actually pretty attractive, but it's in what has become an awkward spot geographically. Who wants to fight traffic to get to a train station or go to shopping? When I'm in the area and want to go to Boston, I park my car at the North Leominster station and leave from there.
  by frrc

FWIW, the North Leominster station has basically run out of commuter rail parking and a major expansion is planned for 2008-2009, adding more
parking spaces.

by truman

MEC407 wrote:I changed the title of the thread to reflect the correct spelling of the town in Massachusetts. :wink:
Okay so I don't always catch my spelling errors but I gave you all something to talk about :wink: