Railroad Forums 

• Need some Arizona advice

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#495366  by march hare

Headed for Copper Country and the surrounding area in a week or so.

Can anybody fill me in on current operations of the following:

Apache RR: Are they running every day? Every other day? Any guess as to one day being better than others? Should I just hang out in Holbrook and hope they show up?

Arizona Eastern: Same question, and another--what are they running for power these days? i assume Globe is their base of operations, correct?

Copper Basin: The last time Iwas there, their road train to the outside world was a night job. Is that still true? what operations can a visiting railfan see without getting arrested?

Lastly, What is the Grand Canyon RR running ofr power on the winter time trains?

Much gratitude for anybody who can help.

Gardiner Cross
Cripplebush Valley Models
"Great Looking Rocks, In Less Than A Million Years"
www.cripplebush.net