• Need photos of Maine Central for my site

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by NellsChoo

Hi folks

My little New England rail site is seriously lacking Maine Central photos. If anyone has some nice shots that are not owned by anyone other than you or a friend, and you are willing to allow me to use them on a new MEC page, please let me know. I will put the photographer's name next to each image so everyone gets credit.

I very much dislike the practice of stealing online photos from websites for use on another site, hence my asking you all this way.

THANKS!

Jonelle

Todd/Eric Larsen

by Steam

How far back do you want to go? I have color slides back to the 1960s I could make available.

by NellsChoo

Any era would be fine, though steam seems out of place on my little site. Not by choice, but by photos I have been able to take or get from friends.

by Steam

Steam is NEVER out of place on any true railfan's agenda!

You also need to visit the Walker Collection at Beverly Historical Society some Wednesday evening. They have boxes full of duplicate photos which they sell for 25 cents each / 5 for $1. You can spend a whole evening just going through those, let alone the 500,000 New England transportation images on file.