• Need a photo of 2093

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by NYSW3614

Looking for a photo of 2093, as she was on or around March 1936. This engine was stream styled or lined, but I believe after this time period.

Many thanks!

Joshua

by GRSJr

I have one. E-mail me and I'll send you a copy.

by scottychaos

Here she is before streamlining:

I dont have a date with that photo, but she was streamlined in 1939 so it was before that..
or..some (all?) of the five streamlined pacifics were also DEstreamlined and ran for awhile back in their original state.
so its possible that photo is *after* streamlining..
but I suspect its likely before, just because she looks to be in good shape!
and she still has nice pinstriping on the cab and tender..
so its 90% likely that photo is before streamlining.

and here she is as one of the three Black Diamond engines:

Scot

by TB Diamond

Scot: Reference the "before" photo of Lehigh Valley RR 2093: definitely "before" as even after destreamling after WWII the 2093 kept its rounded cab windows.

by scottychaos

TB Diamond wrote:Scot: Reference the "before" photo of Lehigh Valley RR 2093: definitely "before" as even after destreamling after WWII the 2093 kept its rounded cab windows.
ah! good catch..I wasnt aware of that.
thanks! that clinches it then..

Scot

by NYSW3614

Thanks very much guys! This engine came up on the Syracuse Branch of the DL&W due to flooding, handling a detoured LV passenger train. Since NYC didn't accept foreign power, 2093 headed back south towards Binghamton, with another detoured engine- a PRR K4! How nuts is that!

Thanks again!