• Mystery Hudson

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by curmudgeon

Hi all -

I just acquired an HO NYC Hudson w/no mfg marks - says "Made in Germany" on the motor but nothing else.

The frame & boiler are cast metal, tender is black plastic.
There are 2 cast metal drivers on the right, rt. center & all 3 left drivers + tender sideframes are of an odd dark red plastic.
Siderods & valve linkage stamped, chromed steel but very simplified.
Tender-pickup connector plugs into cab deck.
Turned brass bell, working headlight.

Anyone recognize this one??

Have pic I'll be happy to email.

TIA!

regards,
  by Cosmo

Sounds vaguely familiar. Email me pics and I'll see if I can find out.
[email protected]
Pete

by curmudgeon

Thanks for the reply Pete, but with a magnifier, I've found the MARX logo faintly cast into both the engine & tender frames.

Now, does anyone know when NYC Hudson #6096 was made by the Marx toy company?
Do they have collector's value?
It's in good condition other than slight corrosion on driver's side window framing & cylinder.
It even runs well. :-)

TIA again.

regards,