Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by jgbond007

I was wondering, I took the Motorman OC exam in Oct 2003, I know they established the list, but the last I heard they were still on the promo list and haven't even touched the OC list. I was wondering if there was any chance I would be called before the list expires, I think it is good for 4 years. Oh, I received a 98.6 on the exam and my list number is 537 on the OC list.

Thanks
Hope to hear from someone soon

by MNRR PA OPERATOR

hey man just a update since im MTA. I may be Metro North, but sometimes NYCTA treats me better than MNRR. Congrats on your score. Im going to take the next OC one because i hear ur list that ur on expires in 2010. Anyways the list was established in october of this year. They intend to begin calling from the OC test in 2007 by only a few classes. Thats good that you got a 98. Cause if u got less than a 90 u can forget it. This information i got from a Queens division Motorinstructor aka TRAIN SERVICE SUPERVISOR.

by jgbond007

Last edited by jgbond007 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by jgbond007

Thats real good news, the only thing is I began training for the Assistant Conductor position (LIRR) in august and should be done within the next a couple of weeks. I guess I will have a choice to make sometime this year even tho everyone I have spoke to says I can make more on the LIRR than MTA nyc transit.

Thanks for the info