Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Legio X

What's the latest with 160? I have'nt seen it over at Morris Park, on the deadline or elsewhere. Also, the 158 has joined 162 and 169 on the deadline, and I believe 397 and 398 are laid up there too.

by jayrmli

As the "runaway engine" this past March, it is probably stored out of sight pending NTSB investigation.

Jay

by emfinite

Can someone try and post a shot of the 158 on 1 track at Morris Park?

by LIengineerBob

Last I seen the 160 (about 6 weeks ago), it was sloooowly getting worked on in the Morris Park Roundhouse.

by 7 Train

How much has been repaired? News press photos of the wreck show 160 had been in relatively decent shape compared to the cars it hit, which were totally demolished.

by Legio X

I saw an MP-15ac in the new colors on a track well away from the Atlantic Ave. side of the engine yard with no number on the sides of the hood. Is this possibly the 160, newly repaired and repainted, and just waiting for the last details such as numbers and the flag and stars decals to be added?

by Scrap em All

Its 165

by Legio X

Is the 160 in the roundhouse getting painted? I saw what looked like an MP-15ac with it's nose masked while passing through the area on Saturday afternoon, about the time SW-1001 100 got a spin on the turntable and was parked by the gray and orange GE 25-tonner.

by Legio X

Anything new with this locomotive?