• Montague residents concerned about PAR noise/air pollution

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

The Recorder wrote:The town is hoping the federal government will step in and help it deal with idling trains that are plaguing neighborhoods in Millers Falls and Lake Pleasant.
The town wants the Environmental Protection Agency to direct Pan Am Railways to stop all locomotives from idling in town “by making better use of the East Deerfield Railyard that would achieve energy savings as well as prevent air pollution.”
Read more at: http://www.recorder.com/article/montagu ... ing-trains
  by BigLou80

You beat me to it. I was going to look up the other thread and post the distorter (recorder) link there. What a joke these people are my wife has to deal with one of them in her fitness class she told her she should have thought about that before buying her house.
  by mick

These are the same typical Greenfield Recorder Moonbats who say "we need alternative fuels" we need more "sustainable energy" "no blood for oil" blah blah blah. Well, guess what? we ARE using alternative forms of tranportation more, one of which is rail and it goes right behind YOUR house! Thats right, MORE trains,just like you wanted! Yes, they are loud and smoky, not sleek quiet electric trains like they have in Europe, but hey, you can't have everything. Maybe they can start a grass-roots petition for the Feds to pay to have the line electrified, which could happen (in about 200 years). For now, these people need to step up and do their part for the enviroment. By keeping their mouths shut.
  by jaymac

It would appear that some of the environmentally sensitive folks of Millers Falls and Lake Pleasant are content to have the folks of Cheapside, River Road, and McClelland Farm Road be the recipients of the Diesel exhaust that is so bothersome a few miles to the east. Another entry for NIMBYism...
  by toolmaker

Mick, those words could have come right out of my mouth.

-gary