Railroad Forums 

• Monroe, LA MoPac Depot

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#17862  by treyba

I am searching for info concerning the MoPac depot in Monroe, LA. I believe this depot was destroyed around 1969 or 1970 for the construction of Interstate 20. It was located on Ouachita, Ave. I am hoping I can get some photos or drawings of this station. I have a picture which I got from an older Gentleman whom has been in Monroe a long time. Thank God for Older People. I believe the Delta Eagle was the Passenger trainwhich came through here. Perhaps some photos of that train would have this Depot in the background. If anyone knows of web links or other sources where I can find some info please let me know. It is sad but, I searched all over the Monroe area and no one seems to care about our Rail history. I live here in Monroe so it would be really tough to make a trip to Union Pacific's archive building. I think it is in Omaha.