• Modelling NYSW excursion cars in HO?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

What passenger cars does the NYSW use in the tourist fleet? Any models? Could i possibly make one with Walthers new pass. cars?

by railvidpro

Hi Andy
I guess you could use any of the current production models from various manufacturers to model the current NYSW
It all depends on how prototypical you want to be
I used a AHM heavyweight Business car to do the otto Kuhler #510
a little kitbashing from a concor dome and you could do the popemobile #509
contact the NYS&W historical society at NYSWTHS.com(Ithink that's the right address)
about the only cars not in production are the ex long Island ping pong commuter coaches
hope this helps
Lou

by ANDY117

Only thing is- that's for The president, or working on a train.

by Otto Vondrak

I didnt understand your last post Andy- the link provided goes to the NYSW historical society. If you're looking for pictures of the cars they use, do a google search.

-otto-

by ANDY117

Thanks, Railpax!

by BEDT16RMLI

also they are not Ping Pong cars they are 2700 series cars.
Mike Arnold
Secratary
Twin Forks Chapter of the NRHS