• Modeling NJT in HO scale

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by AmtrakPhill629

Im begining to expand my model railroad to New Jersy Transit and Metro North. I am currently modeling LIRR and Amtrak in the year 2001. I need info on Diesel, Electric Locomotives, and Passenger cars from 2000 - 2002

by pgengler

NJT's diesels and electrics were pretty much the same then as they are now, a mix of F40PH-2CATs, GP40FH-2s, GP40PH-2s, and GP40PH-2Bs on the diesel side, and ALP-44s and ALP-46s on the electric side (the -46s started arriving in 2001, I believe).
In terms of passenger cars, again, I believe that things are mostly the same now as they were then, though the Comet V cars might have just been arriving around then.
If you're looking for any information, here are some good links for NJT's locomotives and passenger cars.

by jmp883

In N-scale Kato will be releasing an undecorated version of the F40. Micro-scale makes N-scale NJ Transit decals for both locomotives and coaches. I'm not aware of any current N-scale models of any of the Comet series coaches but I would think you could adapt an undecorated Con-Cor 85' smooth-side coach.

That's how I plan to make my NJT consist. :-D
  by Camelback

AmtrakPhill629 wrote:Im begining to expand my model railroad to New Jersy Transit and Metro North. I am currently modeling LIRR and Amtrak in the year 2001. I need info on Diesel, Electric Locomotives, and Passenger cars from 2000 - 2002
Are you in N or HO?

Wathers has NJT stuff in HO including cab cars which are ubiquitous on several lines.

by AmtrakPhill629

HO