• Modeling - Amtrak Horizon Coaches

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by One of One-Sixty

With the lack of anything good in N Scale for passenger cars, I have decided to try to kitbash my own set of Horizon/Comet cars for my model rr empire.

Does anybody know where I could find some sketches, drawing or any kind of specs of the Horizon/Comet cars that I may use to aid me?
Last edited by One of One-Sixty on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Gilbert B Norman

Here are a few photos from Railpictures.

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php

I can't seem to locate any "roster shots' of such.

I will leave this topic open for a while lest someone find a link to a roster shot, however, it will eventually be moved to a Modeling Forum.

by Ken S.

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Here are a few photos from Railpictures.

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php

I can't seem to locate any "roster shots' of such.

I will leave this topic open for a while lest someone find a link to a roster shot, however, it will eventually be moved to a Modeling Forum.
GBN,
I posted diagrams of the Comet I's which are what the Horizon Fleet is based on here

by AmtrakFan

If you can PM me with your e-mail adress I have a roster shot of one.

by One of One-Sixty

Thanks you guys, I have been on the hunt for these for about 2 yrs now, As Ken S said, the Horizon is based off the Comet cars by Bombardier, which a handful of Commuter RR has later versions of.