Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by bones

Looks like 115 is the next to go. Last night it was D.I.T. behind a switcher at 14th St.
  by byte

Heads up ... Metra 215 was recently interchanged (on Feb. 17th) near Louisville.
  by byte

NEWS FLASH

#215 has arrived in Blue Island.
  by metraRI

byte wrote:NEWS FLASH

#215 has arrived in Blue Island.
215 was sitting at 47th Street this morning.
  by byte

Indeed, I saw it there at about 8:30. Didn't look like they were working on it or anything.
  by F40CFan

I'll keep an eye out for it at Western Ave.
  by F40CFan

215 was on a train at Western Ave. this evening (03/08/2010) MU'd behind 111.
  by F40CFan

The same lash-up was on track 13 this morning (03/09/2010) on the break-in train.
  by F40CFan

Last night (03/09/2010) I saw the train at Western Ave. They swapped the engines, 215 is now leading 111.

Saw the same train at CUS on track 13 this morning (03/10/2010).
  by Metraf40cfan

Anyone able to get a picture yet?? Need to keep up the trend of getting photos to document any potential changes between rebuilt engines. Keep up the good work in tracking them.
  by bones

Seem's like there are no potential changes. Especially that putred color scheme.
  by doepack

According to the F40 rebuild status thread, there are six units currently in, or on their way to, Paducah. Does anyone know if that's the maximum number that can be off the property while still allowing Metra to have enough in reserve for both daily and protect assignments?
  by F40CFan

bones wrote:Seem's like there are no potential changes. Especially that putred color scheme.
AMEN on the color scheme.

By the way, 215 has the same "recovery.gov" sticker above the RTA logo as 216. So far, those are the only two units I've seen with it.
  by byte

doepack wrote:According to the F40 rebuild status thread, there are six units currently in, or on their way to, Paducah. Does anyone know if that's the maximum number that can be off the property while still allowing Metra to have enough in reserve for both daily and protect assignments?
Really, there are only "two" units in Paducah. I say this because extra trains have not been added, yet there are now four extra units in the property which weren't pulling trains before this rebuild process started: 215 & 216, and 611 & 614. If Metra can get by with having two "spares" around during rush hours (which obviously they can), that's what they're using right now because with the two ex-AMTK units and two Cs, they're only "down" two units.
  by metraRI

byte wrote:Really, there are only "two" units in Paducah. I say this because extra trains have not been added, yet there are now four extra units in the property which weren't pulling trains before this rebuild process started: 215 & 216, and 611 & 614. If Metra can get by with having two "spares" around during rush hours (which obviously they can), that's what they're using right now because with the two ex-AMTK units and two Cs, they're only "down" two units.
Also double headers have been used less often. From what I have seen, MD-W has not had a daily double header, nor has RI. Btw, there are 7 units out.. not 6 :wink: