• Medical Questionnaire

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by carchaser

I got my email that said that I successfully passed my preemployment test and interview. My problem is that BNSF is supposed to have a their medical contractor CHS send me an email with a link within 48 hours to complete the questionnaire that's due 24 hours after I receive it. I called central staffing and left a message. It's been just over 48 hours. Did I do the right thing or am I just waiting on the railroad? :-)

by CSX-COAL HAULER

I dont know about BNSF-------but typically all railroads move at a very slow speed. :P

by COEN77

Patience on the railroad is a much need comodity. You'll figure that one out later. Like others have stated they never move fast and it's slower after you start working. I call it job protection. :-)

by cifn2

now UP called me Tuesday Evening, shipped my packet out on Wedneday overnight and I had it by Thursday and filled it out and returned it by Friday. Already have scheduled my physical, (did it yesterday all but one part) My only problem now is that the breathing test, couldn't be scheduled the same day as my physical due to emergency for the person giving it, so I had to schedule it for Monday. And do my phyiscal abilities test on Thursday.
Last edited by cifn2 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by resauto

Your medical questionnaire was supposed to be filled out within 24 hours of receiving it or the offer is void, it clearly states that in your email. They give you 2 numbers in the email, one for CHS (the ones who set up your hearing and vision) and one for BNSF central staffing. The central staffing number is just a voice message telling you to leave a message. When I called central staffing it took them 5 days to return the message. Its all a huge waiting game man....good luck...... I like working for KCS...........BNSF takes there sweet time to hire you but will furlough you in a quick minute.........
  by jloporto1

I also have recieved my conditional offer from bnsf yet still no medical questionarre what should I do
  by jloporto1

carchaser wrote:I got my email that said that I successfully passed my preemployment test and interview. My problem is that BNSF is supposed to have a their medical contractor CHS send me an email with a link within 48 hours to complete the questionnaire that's due 24 hours after I receive it. I called central staffing and left a message. It's been just over 48 hours. Did I do the right thing or am I just waiting on the railroad? :-)
What ended up happening with the medical questionarre
  by jeep-geep

I got my conditional offer via email, within a few hours I got another email with a link to the medical questionnaire. Now just waiting on a physical.