• MEC/GRS Business Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by gokeefe

I heard once from someone that who worked for GRS that they still owned the former Maine Central business cars.

What is the GRS busines car fleet inventory and what is it's heritage?

If these cars are not the old MEC set then where did those go?

Along the same lines did GRS also inherit the B&M business train?

If not where did the B&M set go?

What is the general condition of all of these cars now?

Are any of them in their historical condition?
  by MEC407

I believe the last of the ex-MEC cars are now gone. They sold them a couple of years ago, along with a few surplus snow plows and, believe it or not, a bell from a steam locomotive. I know it was discussed here... you can probably find the original thread buried a few pages deep. Might take some digging but I'm pretty sure it's there.
  by MEC407

Also, for general info on the MEC and B&M business cars, try the B&M/MEC section of the site.
  by shadyjay

From what I've read, the B&M never had a business train fleet, and that the original Guilford business train consisted of ex-MEC and D&H cars. The "Champlain" seems to ring a bell to me.
  by MEC407

Pretty sure the ST 100 (the car with the rear observation platform) is ex-D&H. It was one of several D&H items transferred to MEC long before Guilford dumped the D&H. Not sure about the heritage of the ST 101 but that may be ex-D&H as well.

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=147489