• MDC HO "Critter"

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Trackmobile

I recently recieved one and I think it is all around a good little,with excellent detail :P .Anyone else have one and what do you think of it?

by Hoosier Joe

How well does it run at slow speeds ? It's nice to know MDC made a new locomotive,I might get one myself sometime. Joe G.

by JDFX

isn't supposed to be a model of an EMC Model 40?

by SSW9389

JDFX wrote:isn't supposed to be a model of an EMC Model 40?
Yes it's an EMC/EMD Model 40 of which a grand total of 11 were built between 1940-1943. A very curious prototype for MDC to choose!

by FiatFan

I have two of them. They run very well at low speeds and are matched closely enough thay I can double head them on DC. Pulling power is fair also. I can move a 12 car cut with just one of them (on very level track with all metal wheels.) When double headed, they can move about 9 cars up a 3% grade.

Tom

by joshuahouse

Do photos exist of all 11 prototypes, if they do that could make a very interesting project.