• MBTA Subway/Commuter Rail Models

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MACTRAXX

jwhite07 wrote:NICE.
I'll second that...These MBTA Commuter Rail models look good...

MACTRAXX
  by BostonUrbEx

WOW. I'm stunned. Very nice work! :)

How was this posted on Jan 22, but I never saw it until today? I read all new posts in the MBTA forum once a day? Also, does Sery mean something? Or is this moderator Sery on a second account?
  by B&M 1227

Very nice work!

Also, SERy stands for Seashore Electric Railway, as in the Kennebunkport/Arundel trolley museum
  by dieciduej

Wow, the last photo is so realistic. 1014 must of had a blown HEP unit so 011 has to tow it! Good work.

JoeD
  by SERY5978

Some more of my local stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by BostonUrbEx

This is all just too good to be true! I'm blown away! :-) If only I had the time and of course the massive amount of skill you obviously have.
  by CRail

Sidenote: SERy = Seashore Electric Railway
  by ns3010

That is some absolutely amazing modeling there! You have some serious skill! Keep up the awesome work!

BostonUrbEx wrote:How was this posted on Jan 22, but I never saw it until today? I read all new posts in the MBTA forum once a day? Also, does Sery mean something? Or is this moderator Sery on a second account?
New users go through a "probation" period. The first few posts (5, perhaps?) must be approved by a moderator before they are made public. It's done to prevent spam.
  by jonnhrr

Attached is a picture of the all electric PCC # 3197 which is nearly complete - still needs truck work.

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by 3rdrail

Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
  by MBTA1016

Sery5978 you've been hiding those from us to long. :) Great job on the locos and the switchers.
  by jonnhrr

3rdrail wrote:Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
It was just some random orange paint I found at Home Depot that turned out to be just the right color. Sometimes you get lucky :)
  by MBTA1016

jonnhrr wrote:
3rdrail wrote:Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
It was just some random orange paint I found at Home Depot that turned out to be just the right color. Sometimes you get lucky :)
That I do believe, nice job with the paint on it as well.
  by StevieC48

Looks like WAP's equipment but he has a low SERy # so I doubt there his.