• MBTA shut down Red Line at 11 pm without notice

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Ron Newman

Last night around 11 pm, the MBTA shut down the Red Line two hours before normal closing time, without giving any notice to the passengers waiting in the Downtown Crossing station.

People eventually drifted out of the station to try to figure out some other way of getting home. (I went to North Station to get a commuter train to Porter.)

by Robert Paniagua

It turned out to be a sparking fire on the Longfellow Bridge, most likely caused by the third rail or something coming into contact with that third rail.

by efin98

Amazing how people expect shuttle buses to magically appear in a matter of seconds when service has to shut down in an emergency. God forbid emergency vehicles be given the right of way in order to take care of the situation.

Get over it. It takes at least a half hour to round up drivers from ALL bus garages and get them to the stations to pick up passengers. It's even worse when it's at a late hour like 10:30-11:00pm. If you had to wait a while too bad. Others had to wait longer. At least you got home.

by jumbotusk

Efin is being mean. Violation of site rules, anyone?

Those of us who ride the green line wait that long sometimes even when trains ARE running.

-------------------
Feelings Enforcer, MBTA Forum

by CS

efin98 wrote:Amazing how people expect shuttle buses to magically appear in a matter of seconds when service has to shut down in an emergency. God forbid emergency vehicles be given the right of way in order to take care of the situation.

Get over it. It takes at least a half hour to round up drivers from ALL bus garages and get them to the stations to pick up passengers. It's even worse when it's at a late hour like 10:30-11:00pm. If you had to wait a while too bad. Others had to wait longer. At least you got home.
Absolutely not, I can't stand back anymore and let this garbage continue.

That is the most ignorant thing on this site yet. GET OVER IT???? What's wrong with you? I live at Ashmont and frequently come from Park Street, sometimes at 11pm. If I was there last night how would I "Get Over It"? Walk all the way to Ashmont? You wouldn't make it past South Station yourself!
It is the T's responsibility to get shuttle buses AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. And ESPECIALLY at that late hour when more buses are available then usual. There's a bus garage 10 minuites from Ashmont, there's a bus garage right there at Broadway, come on! Earth to Findlay! Earth to Findlay!
  by Robert Paniagua

Ok, now I feel this thread has gone far enough. Therefore, Close.....

Thank you all for understanding