• MBTA plans for World Series?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Ron Newman

So, we're going to have World Series games this Saturday and Sunday night at Fenway. Maybe next Saturday and Sunday night, too.

As you all know, these things start late (8:20 pm) and run late. Sometimes after the last scheduled subway and commuter trains. So what is the T's plan for dealing with these games?

by FatNoah

The T's plan will probably be to perform routine green line maintenance on Saturday night and bustitute the whole line. To encourage fans to ride, they'll also hold the last train to Framingham until 10:30pm.

All kidding aside, I'm also very curious too. Given the apparent lack of any special plans for the ALDS, I'd anticipate the same for the Series.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

they are holding the train at Yawkey until the game is over and then departs 30 minutes after it is completed

by Ron Newman

Yep, the forum went down before I could post the answer to this question.

With luck we won't need to be asking this question for next weekend.

by trigonalmayhem

Actually, I rode the train in on Saturday night and they were announcing over the speaker that the 11:00 departure for Worcester would leave on time but that there was going to be an extra train leaving 30 minutes after the last out of the game.
  by ctaman34

I was thinking, will they paint the cars red?

by Robert Paniagua

Hmmmmmmm...................I don't know if they'll do the Green Line cars Red, but the Red Line cars maybe added a blue stripe with the red in honour of the Red Sox, now that they are World Titlists as of 2300h 10/27 (01 AM GMT, Thu, 10/28).

by Ron Newman

Does anyone know if the St. Louis transit system ran special commuter or light-rail trains for their playoff games?

by octr202

St. Louis has only one light rail line (MetroLink) that runs from the airport west of the city, thru downtown to East St. Louis and into Illinois. No commuter rail service. MetroLink does pass near all the stadiums downtown, so I imagine they would runs extra or longer trains when there are games. However, its not going to be anywhere near the same as the T: downtown st. Louis is very small, and pretty sparse compared to Boston. There's plenty of space, and I seem to recall, plenty of parking. I'm sure that plenty of locals use it to go to Cards and Rams games, but its not as essential as the T is to Fenway or the FleetCenter.

Its a different world out there!

by efin98

The trains were running later than the MBTA's trains- last train departs the airport at about 12:11am That's not bad considering they are on Central Daylight Time. A late game probably would have had little affect on the schedule compared to the MBTA where a late game affects every line...
BTW there were cries of gouging over having to pay $15 for parking near the stadium in St. Louis :wink: