• Mance Training Camp CLOSED

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by dwil89

The owner of the Cabin on the East end of Mance Curve on Sand Patch has announced on Trainorders Eastern Board that the Cabin at Mance Curve has been posted and locked. Complaints from neighbors of loud parties at night, either by railfans, or local teenagers, plus damage done to the cabin, and owner's firewood and spare tires for his railfan vehicle being thrown into the firepit and burned have resulted in the Cabin now off-limits to visitors. So those planning to camp out at the Cabin will have to change plans. Dave Williams @ [email protected]
  by Hump the Geek

Dave and Roger Snyder, the owners of the camp have offered much to the railfan community (free lodging), but unfortunately, they have endured a lot over the years. They have only asked a few small rules to be followed in return.

I had the pleasure of helping Roger and Dave build on the bunk room a few years aback and I know for a fact that they enjoyed having other railfans use the place and reading their positive feedback on the interior walls. Believe me, it took a lot for them to close it to the public and I'm sure that it was a last resort.

Maybe someday the current group of rowdy teenagers will move on to their respective deadend jobs or prison cells and the Snyders will be able to reopen the camp, but for now we must all respect their decision.

Hump the Geek