• Man hit by Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NellsChoo

I heard about this, only I was told it was in Ayer. Another person hit by Guilford in a short time. We have to ask the same questions as we did about the Gardner incident:

Train speed, sight distance, man's sobriety, etc. Today's Boston Globe has an article about engineers trying to cope with killing people with their trains. What a horrible thing to live with... especially when they are usually helpless to prevent it.

JD

by Robert Paniagua

I saw about that article, over at the New Engladnd Railfan Forum. How tragic that is.

by mick

What about the conductor?
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Noel Weaver

I have said this many times before and I will say it again, my sympathies
go with the crew on the locomotive first and foremost, they were where
they were supposed to be and just doing their jobs.
I would suspect that the railroad has someone to talk to if it is needed for
the crew, most railroads today do.
Noel Weaver