• Maine Central Railroad 2-8-0 #501 Restoration Project

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Ben Mc Cabe

I did some checking with a few railfans on the web. Question. Who is this man that calls or should I say refers to himself as Mr 501? Does anybody out there have the scoop on this fellow? Is he a member of any kind of club? How did he get named Mr501? Was he the person who used to drive the owner Russ Seybold up a wall. Did he do anything to help the project along, some say yes ,some say no. Just curious. When will the 470 Club start work on it again. Thank You.

Ben
  by Ben Mc Cabe

Hello Again

Welcome Aboard. I guess I,m the only one on the train. I looked around on this web site and found some answers. Made a phone call or two and got some more stuff on Mr501. Found out this 501 character is a "One Man Gang" I,m informed ( John ) is one Hell of a mechanic,and he and the owner Seybold had a beef over the old #108 some years ago. He fellas Russ/John if you both let go of whatever your problem is , and think about what both of you could do as a team to preserve as well as advance Historic Heritage of Railroading, the #501 can become a reality.
I manage and oversee many more times the folks who work at CSRR, working as a team does wonders. Hint Russ/John, make peace and get over it , life is too short. Ben

P.S. What do you think folks, opinions please...

by NHN503

You should speak with the 470 club for more information, or look at the other thread where you were referred to with several pages on the topic.

CSRR can only do what they can do, if clubs want to play games with interpolitcs, then CSRR can only move as fast as the group that owns/wants an item restored.

by Otto Vondrak

Don't we already have a thread on the 501 project somewhere? Let's keep all the comments to one place. And let's not try to stir up a bee's nest with inflammatory comments.

-otto-