• LV CIGAR BOX FILLERS

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by GOLDEN-ARM

Just a general question. I sell stuff, as well as buy, on eBay, from time to time, and I am amazed, on the amount of "cigar box fillers", that seem to have been produced. It seems the Valley intended on being in the passenger service business, for the next hundred years. I make this observation, based on the endless supply of these "rare" items, being sold. I suspect that perhaps, they are still being produced, unless the Valley was going to give every ticked passenger a full box, as they boarded the train, until the year 2043. Anyone really know, or suspect, where these things are actually coming from ? One filler, that was discontinued in 1943, seems to be the most readily available ! Silly question, but I would sure like to figure out where the massive LV warehouse is, that still has an endless supply of these. Regards :wink:

by Lehighrrgreg

Yeah I have seen quite a few myself. I would personally beware. There is a seller on Ebay "Keenos-attic"....they sell a lot of photo reprints and seems to be spinning out a lot of these cigar box inserts as well.
  by chnaus

About 20 years ago, the last manager of the passenger dept passed
and in his collection were about 200 of those sheets and a good
50 bundles of the cigar bands. At least 100 in each padded bundle .
I bought some to recreate a couple boxes of NOS cigars.
The artwork is highly embossed on the old ones.
Is that the case with the socalled repros ??