• LOSA Goes To Salem

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Dave D

I guess that Eastman is still getting shipments in the daytime. I happened to look out the window this morning, just in time to see three cars heading to Salem. This was at 9:20 at the G.E. plant in Lynn.

Dave D

by theman8318

What time does LOSA deliver to WCS (Wilmington Cold Storage). I always see the boxcars as I go to my producer's recording studio along industrial way. It would be a cool sight to see them deliver sometime.

by csrrfan86

Guilford switching Wilmington Cold Storage is indeed a RARE event. They barely get much reefers anymore it seems.
  by boatsmate

This is a little late, (Haven't been able to get to a computer long enoughto report it) I saw A Gilford loco with 3 covered hoppers? crossing the Mystic river (Salem Branch) Friday night inbound to Boston at apox 1600 hrs. I was not able to get the loco Number due to distance and other reasons. coul;d this have come from Eastman ??? I saw another post that said there was no cement being delivered by rail to everet...... any ideas???
  by GP40MC1118

That was LA-2 coming from Salem. Well actually Peabody/Eastman Gelitan.
It was MEC 516. They went back to Lawrence behind Train No.237.

BO-1 was abolished earlier this month. LOSA hasn't come to Boston since, just
works Billerica Shop and the usual customers between Wilmington and Winchester.

D
  by FatNoah

I saw the train at Sullivan Station on Friday night. It had covered hoppers, a couple tankers, and a few other cars. The engineer was in the cab, but the train didn't move for the 5 minutes or so while I waited for the Orange Line.

Re:

by l008com

theman8318 wrote:What time does LOSA deliver to WCS (Wilmington Cold Storage). I always see the boxcars as I go to my producer's recording studio along industrial way. It would be a cool sight to see them deliver sometime.
Once or twice a YEAR they'll get a boxcar or two. I caught them switching out WCS once and it was very cool. I don't know much about what they do there, but you'd think they'd get be a good customer for rail service.
  by CSX Conductor

l008com wrote:I caught them switching out WCS once and it was very cool. I don't know much about what they do there, but you'd think they'd get be a good customer for rail service.
No pun intended, of course.
  by l008com

**i'm rolling my eyes as hard as i can**