• Looking for the Life-Like overhead highway signs in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Did Life-Like discontinue these? They made tow signs- one was an overhead sign that lit up that said "Jones Falls Expressway" and the other was a standalone sign that said "Beltway." Obviously patterned after their proximity to Baltimore, I want to modify these signs for my layout. Can't find 'em. Maybe they were discontinued? Can anyone help me find some? I'd like two sets...

-otto-

by Otto Vondrak

Judging from the lack of response, I guess no one else has seen them in years either. They are no longer in the current Life-Like or Walther's catalogs, and I can't even find them in Google searches.

To be perfectly clear, this is the style of sign I was looking for:

http://www.mesalek.com/colo/picts/co88arap-i25.jpg

I didnt want to have to scratchbuild the support structure, but it looks like I'll be going down that route.

-otto-

by conrail71

Well, there's always an e-Bay search, but I'm sure you already did that. I know which ones your looking for but I haven't even seen them in train shows for quite a while.