• Looking for super detail parts

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by rushhour

Can someone direct me to some model railroad companies that make detail parts for various locomotives. Thank you

by Throttle_JCKY

http://www.detailswest.com/
I use Details West parts on every engine I do.
Try the Walthers Catalog, they have many more
Cannon makes EMD parts, they are the top when it comes to EMD cabs, doors, fans and so on.
I looked, but couldn't find a website for Detail Associates or Cannon, but I know both and many more are listed in the Walthers cat.

by rushhour

Thank you. I'm in the process of detailing an RDC and GP38. Hope it works out for me.

Take care

by Otto Vondrak

If you look in the Walther's catalog under "Super Detail Parts" you'll find parts not only from Details West, but from a variety of others as well.

-otto-

by pdt

Are you detailing these models to match any specific prototype? If you need reference photos, there are loads available on http://rr-fallenflags.org/.

by rushhour

Thank you for the links, I'm going to try Walthers tonight. I looked at Fallen Flags.org and didnt come up with my exact RDC, but I found a few good photos that will help me out. If anyone has pictures of PRSL I need the M-410. I would really appreciate it very much. Thank you everyone!