Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Mr GP10

Hi fellas does any one have or know where I can obtain a copy of any FL-9 videos/DVDs? I have the 2 part tapes of the FL-9s on LIRR however. I dont have any footage of my own on MNRR territory. I went to Danbury yesterday and I must say the 2027 sounded sweet. However I never heard them in notch 8. I love the sound of that 5 chime horn. Any help would be very much appriciated. Thank You. :-D

by shadyjay

Around 1993, Pentrex put out "Along The Hudson Division". It focusses on FL-9s including shots from a cab ride from Penn Station up to A/R. It also has A LOT of Metro North coverage, with shots of many FL-9s.
I just found it is still available online. Go to pentrex.com. It's on sale too.
I own it and its a very good production.

-JH

by emfinite

Mr. GP10, if you love the sound of a 5 chime horn, come to my house. I have a setup in the pickup truck with a Nathan K5 and a whole assortment of different horns :P

by CR6618

emfinite wrote:I have a setup in the pickup truck with a Nathan K5 and a whole assortment of different horns :P
How do you power your horns?

by Terminal Proceed

The horn issue is off topic - email each other instead of posting the info here.