Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
  by tturner2

Okay, I really need some info on a child who was hit by a train years ago.
My Great-Grandfather George White worked for the Pennyslvania Railroad, panhandle division back in the day. Now please don't get mad at me for i do not know the correct terms. He was a conducter/engineer? He drove the train. He used to take my dad with him when he was a young boy. One day there was an accident and the train hit a young girl and killed her. It always bothered my Great-Grandfather (passed away in 1987) and it still bothers my dad. They didn't even know her name. It was reported and investigated of course so there has to be info somewhere i just can't locate its. So this is what I know:
Pennsylvania Railroad
Panhandle Division
Happened near Lingo Junction ( can't find anything about this, maybe a nickname?)
Pretty sure it was in 1964 or 1965
Think the girl was at a family party or reunion.
If anyone knows where to find the info, or can help at all, please let me know. I promised my dad I would help him.
Thanks!!

by LCJ

That's most likely Mingo Jct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mingo_Junction,_Ohio

You might check newspaper archives for that area. A story like that would have had some press.

If your grandfather operated the train, then he was the engineer.
  by tturner2

Thanks, but how would i access the newspaper archives? I know it was in the paper. A relative down there got a copy back when it happened and was going to mail it to us. He never got around to it, and much later he passed away.

Oh, and thank you for correcting me. Engineer.

by LCJ

Search for the newspaper online, or call them.

by shlustig

For newspapers, if on the Ohio side, check Steubenville; if on the WV side, check Weirton.

Just Google the city name - newspapers.