• Locking...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by b&m617

Otto-
Why did you lock the thread I posted about the flooding in delaware and ulster counties?? Yes I saw the blurb about the flooding but I had some specific questions about these 2 counties. I realize that you have a a thankless job being a moderator, but you carry it way overboard. Guess I'm all done with this forum. I'm willing to bet you don't have the guts to post this.

by J.D. White

In my estimation, he's locking the flood threads because these are popping up one after another, like popcorn. There is getting to be more flooding topics than needed and these titles are intermingling with "railroad discussion topics". One thread for flooding reports is enough and it's still opened.

by charlie6017

I don't see why it's a big deal having just one thread to discuss flooding across NY state as opposed to several discussing small areas? To me, having a bunch of small threads is not only a waste of bandwidth, which costs MONEY, but it's also not using common sense IMHO. My thoughts: unless you are paying for the bandwidth, then stop your damned bellyaching. You know who you are, too. I also moderate,and yes, I think it is a thankless job, basicly babysitting grown people. Let's use some common sense, huh?

by stilson4283

Did you even try to post in the other thread?

Can I start the Railfaning of West Binghamton? :wink:

Lets just injoy the trains guys!

Chris

by Otto Vondrak

Let's move on, people.

-otto-