• location of Douglassville station

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by fp7fan

Does anybody know where the Douglasville, PA station for the Reading was located?
I am thinking it was where the Old Reading Pike intersected with W. High St., across the tracks from the Stanley Flagg plant, but I am just not sure.

Thanks

by westernfalls

You'll find the site at the foot of Route 662 where it meets the eastbound lanes of Route 422. The station was off to the right, the tower to the left, and the road used to cross the tracks where the pedestrian underpass is now.

by Schuylkill Valley

heres is a picture of the station.

Len.

by msernak

Back in the mid 70's I remember going with my Dad to an antiques shop in Douglasville PA and reight across from this shop was and abandoned RR (I think). There were multiple tracks (4-6) and it appeared as if once a mainline. For all these years I thought it was the Lackawanna. Anyone else have information on this?