• Loaded Welded rail train, B&A mainline

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by boatsmate

I spotted while driving down 495 south, on Sat (May 19) and Confirmed today, what appears to be a loaded welded rail train in Westborough yard. No Engines where around and no other track equipment. Any Idea where this is headed, and where it is going to be used??

Capt Bill

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

heres the only info i have so far on the rail train:

Eastbound rail train through Chatham Center at 1523 hours with
leader
> CSXT #6226, CSXT #2346, CSXT #6418 and about 35 assorted rail
> carrying / laying cars.

by CSX Conductor

The T6 Tie gang is scheduled to replace alot of rail between Boston & Palmer beginning the first week of June. I don't have the proposal of work in fornt of me now, but will try to post it at a later date. I do know that they are supposed to be replacing the rail in the Prudential tunnel which has been there for about 1&1/2 years or so. CSXT dropped it but their track dept. was hoping the T track gangs would do the work.

by local61man

yes,C-6 rail gang.we will be there in a couple of weeks to do the tunnel.we are on the rochester sub at cheektawago now.

by boatsmate

Tie crew working in the Newton waban area doing tie replacement.

1130 am 05/23/07

by CSX Conductor

The rail train was tied-down on track #4 @ Palmer last night. :wink: