• LIRR Ping Pong card Plans or drawings

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by fire5506

I am looking for plans or drawings of the LIRR Ping Pong cars. I want to build some in N-Scale for my layout.
I there are any available in HO I would consider buying one to copy in N-Scale.

Thank You.

by Lirr168

I do not know of any LIRR diagrams readlily available, but being that the Pings come from the Pennsy era, perhaps this site might be of some help to you: http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiag ... &sz=sm&fr=
It has diagrams of the Pennsy coaches, and although they might not be identical to the Pings, you should be able to get a general idea as to the dimensions and whatnot.

by Richard_Glueck

"Friends of 35" has official drawings in the collection. I was sent photocopies years ago.
Last edited by Richard_Glueck on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by fordhamroad

-5506, I did a few in N a few years ago. Started with Bachmann 65' coaches. Filed and fiddled with the windows to get them to match photographs. From here could -- go to an MP 54, using the Bachmann roof, but adding fabricated headlights each end -- or Ping Pong, by replacing the Bachmann roof. I used a few cut down curved roofs from junker passenger cars. Evergreen bits and pieces for the roof vents. Built up ends with some semi circular pieces to match roof curvature.
-it is not 100% prototype, but looks quite well in N scale, with some LIRR paint and decals
-enjoy your project. Just take your time and fiddle. Best wishes

Roger

by bystander

hae the NJ ping-pongs been moved yet?