Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Richard Glueck

While you computer artists are at it, please make sure your modules are self installing.

And if I may make a wish list, how about Grey and Orange C420's, G5's and H-10's? How about making self installing P54's?

If you're not a computer whiz-bang, you're generally screwed when trying to install stuff yourself.

by JoeLIRR

alcoc420,

I tryed to to extend the pj line to jamaica but can get a single track laid..
i have no clue how to build routes.

Thanks to emfinite working with the Cab view textures, I now have a matching cab front for the 167. I still need the proper files before i upload it to the train-sim;comi might me up loading the 171 to the web soon.

Let me know if any one is intrested in worlds fair MU cars, repainted the LIRR p75 cars into the worlds fair colors, then used the MN comet cab car and made a eletric engine out of it.

by Retroboy

LIRR7285: I have the 171 i prepration for download, also, if anyone is intrested in the worlds fair cars, gp38 252 (in final paint scheme) let me know. at this point the m1/3's will not be uploaded so IM me and ill try to get them to you that way.

by JoeLIRR

MP15 p171 will be uploaded soon.

The M1/3 cars will not be uploaded to the train-sim but are still in teh painting phase.

if you want one ill try to email it to you just give me a IM or email.

thanks to emfinite there is another cabview in production for the 167 but will not be ready for a while.

by JoeLIRR

MR Met,

The train in the background of the picture of 167 was a LIRR consist headed by GP38 252 & 171 (lead) and FA 607 (Rear) in the last passenger livery.

the cars you see w/ the red stripe in the background are the MN comet cars painted to resemble the LIRR parlors. (no one has yet created teh proper .s file for the 2900 series cars)

by Richard Glueck

How about LIRR ALCO's in orange/grey paint? How about a G5? And anyone who is considering doing this programming, please, please, please, make it self installing!

by SeldenJrFireman

Can somebody add a DM/DE30AC to the list, please! :(

by alcoc420

JoeLIRR:

I could explain how to lay track, but the layout ends 3 miles west of Divide. I tried again without success to extend the terrain tiles to Jamaica. I will try again on an another saved version of the route.

Also, the layout ends about 3 miles southeast of Divide. The only place it really goes is 34 or so miles to PJ.

Does your version have roads? On my home PC, I have all adjacent highways and hundreds of structures. I copied the route to another PC, and the layout is missing all streets and many of the houses and trees.

If you still want to lay track, let me know and I will e-mail you.

by JoeLIRR

Alco C420,

My version has roads, some missng xing signs n things like that, also i beleve some tracks were missing i dont rem where i havent plaid it in a while.

i could not figura out how to lay track or get the right peices in the msts rute editior. The only thing i added was the high platforms @ huntington
but i may remove them.

SeldenJrFireman,
I was thinking about making the new fleet but along w/ a G5 we will have to wait. i have no clue how to make or edit a 3d .s file.

im just hoping a PRR G5 is made then u will see a 21,35&39

Richard,

I have a C420 here but its really a pain to re paint it w/o loosing all the good graphics. im trying tho.

SO if any one who can make the.s file for for the p72 cars, A G5, and the new fleet it would really be great..

by Mr Met

thanks for the m-1's but one thing in the passanger vie if you look at the doors the doors will open and close even if the doors are already closed but a great model

by JoeLIRR

IM aware about the doors doing that. but that passneger view is not the default one that came w/ teh origional download. I put the file LIRRM_1a .s in the in the PASSINGER VIEW line in teh .eng file.

Besides the Door defect "NTSB will look in to that @ hilside" that view is "real" compared to the comet default view.

ENJOY them.

by Mr Met

so any new things any one make a C-3 or the Dm-DE's or the M-7's

by JoeLIRR

I am editing my all my LIRR coaches to appear w/o a door to appear between cars. Ill adventually upload a pic.

2 Geeps were uploaded yesterday to train-sim.com and are there, I checked. (I forgot to put a picture that can be used as a sample immage but the locos are there and fully aliased

I do adventully plan on uploading a LIRR MP15ac pack wich I will also alias.

I also Made a GP9 to take the place of a 420 till and or if I will be able to repaint it.

also I made 2 Cliners and the LIRR weekend fleet. I still want to see if i can get the windows to be transparent im not having any luck with them.

IF any one wants any files Drop me a Email [email protected]

by emfinite

Here's a GP38-2 I did: