• LIMRRE Open House-5/22

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by SeldenJrFireman

Just to give a heads-up to any interested, the Long Island Model Railroad Engineers are having an open house at their location in Medford on Sunday May 22, 2005. If anybody wants to come down on a work night to see what we are about, let me know and I will give you the information.

There are two layouts at the club (N+HO) that are based on the North Eastern US. The G scale modules that will be set up will feature LIRR equipment.

The other dates for our 2005 Open House:

Sunday-September 9th, 2005
Sunday-December 11,2005

Admission: Adults: $2.00, Children: $1.00 (under 2yrs FREE)

Thanks
Mike W.
  by Rush2ny

It was nice meeting Mike today and the rest of the "Milemarker 56" gang. The layouts are really starting to take shape!
Here are 2 pics that I snapped, first is yours truly and Mike:

Here is a little size comparison of equipment at the club, it also keeps things on topic of NYAR. From right to left: my N-scale NYAR 267, hand painted and decaled from a Lifelike GP38, Athearn HO scale NYAR 270, repowered by an Atlas chassis and Mike's G-scale LIRR SW:

Russ

by BEDT16RMLI

wow i want to unvail NYA GP10 201 in N Scale at RMLI in a week lol.