• Light Rail/Trolley/Whatever?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by BaltOhio

I keep reading announcements that streetcars will return to DC, with exact locations and routes varying to the point where I'm totally confused. Is anything really happening, and, if so, where and on what timetable? I'd certainly like to see streetcars (or LRVs) in Washington again, but I'm 76 and wonder if it will be in my lifetime.
  by Sand Box John

"BaltOhio"
I keep reading announcements that streetcars will return to DC, with exact locations and routes varying to the point where I'm totally confused. Is anything really happening, and, if so, where and on what timetable? I'd certainly like to see streetcars (or LRVs) in Washington again, but I'm 76 and wonder if it will be in my lifetime.

The whole idea of reintroducing light rail on the streets of Washington DC is in the early proposal stages. DC-DOT has been doing feeler studies, for a lack of a better term, to determine if a full fledge EIS and cost annulus study is warranted to find out what the routes should be and what routes should get the greatest priority.

www.dctransitfuture.com