• Light rail project(s)??

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by BaltOhio

This seems to have become an annual question from me, but aside from the occasional (very occasional) news release, is anything happening on any of the two or three light lines lines being promised in DC? Yes, I'm only 40 miles away, but I don't see the Post and see nothing whatever on any of the discussion groups. John?

by tommyboy6181

Yes, the Anacostia project is moving forward and the cars are being built by Skoda/Inekon, a Czech manufacturer of light rail cars, trams, etc.

The link to the page of new streetcars is: http://www.inekon-trams.com/washington_ ... etcar.html

by BaltOhio

Sounds good so far, but is there any actual line construction going on?

by Matt_S

Is the tram in the pic one of the ones they will actuallly be using? The color scheme looks a lot like the Circulator bus scheme.
  by BaltOhio

Interesting piece at: www.wtop.com/?nid=596&sid=1392600 on the orphan DC Skoda cars running in the Czech Republic until somebody decides where to build their home rails.