• Let's talk about Railway in China

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by frank.fu

I came from China and work in railway industry. I found some topic here talking about something about China. So what is your view about railway industry in China, such as the CRH being developed and operated in China...
  by george matthews

frank.fu wrote:I come from China and work in railway industry. I found some topic here talking about something about China. So what is your view about railway industry in China, such as the CRH being developed and operated in China...
What is CRH?

Is there any plan to link China's standard gauge system to the European system via Afghanistan?
  by Zanperk

george matthews wrote:What is CRH?
China Railway High-speed.

by jonnhrr

Tuesday the Financial Times had a special section on transport logistics which in one article indicated that China is running into the same problems seen in the west where freight traffic is being diverted to roads as a result of the many businesses transitioning to higher valued commodities produced on a just in time basis. The state owned railway has been slow to react and improve service to counter this trend. Of course the railways still carry a majority of the passenger traffic plus frieght in parts of the country where the roads are bad and rail is the only reliable form of transport.

Jon
  by frank.fu

Is there any plan to link China's standard gauge system to the European system via Afghanistan?[/quote]

Haha, that is a very good idea but MoR will think about it, Afghanistan? They may feel dangerous. HaHa.
And about "CRH", as a matter of fact, it is developed based on many kinds of EMU running in other countries such as Switzerland, Jap. Gem... :-D . but as a people working in this industry, (I do not care about Polotics involved in the developing of CRH or (EMU in China).I just like these trains being developed and operated in chinese railway, cause they give us opportunity to learn something about international railway industry. And I also heard many people critise something politically about the CRH, but I like the "CRH" or Chinese EMU...That is just my personel view. :-D