Railroad Forums 

• Lenox China Plant

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1282561  by Jason

Sorry for the delay in sharing this information. Article from Jun 25th -
http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/ ... ctory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We were looking for a long-term renter who would employ a lot of people in the area. Barrette Outdoor Living is going to be big for the county,” said DiNatale, whose business is based in Hammonton. “They will be employing a lot of people in the area.”

But it will take some time to get the Lenox site renovated – possibly more than a year.

“I think it will be the gem like Lenox was. That is my hope.”

DiNatale is also talking about building a self-storage facility on another area of the site and possibly an environmental-related business. He also wants to bring the rail line back to the property.

“I hope to import and export goods by rail, with the cost of transportation by trucks, it would be so great,” he said.
I was told Lenox stopped using freight around the time of the Conrail breakup. I once saw covered hoppers on the spur around 1999/2000. Since then I have only seen NJT MOW equipment on the spur north of Aloe Street. For the last 15 years, the brush had completed covered the tracks on Lenox's property.
When I drove by the at the end of June, nothing had been done. About a week later, the rails on property had been cleared of the brush. Looks like the SRNJ might have a new customer.
Jason