• layout environment revisited

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by mu26aeh

I know we went over this earlier but I was wondering if anyone had some numbers for humidity readings that would be acceptable for a basement layout. Just purchased dehumidifier and it uses a digital setting that shows the level.

by ANDY117

We keep ours around 50%. Donno how that'd affect real water...

by CIOR

I run mine at roughly 50% in the humid months, and less so in the winter.
But, my basement has central air, so it honestly doesn't run to much, even now with the high humidity.