• LA&L Dock Spur - Lakeville

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by TB Diamond

Back in the Fall of 1968 the opportunity arose to photograph LA&L No. 38 on the dock spur at Lakeville. On an adjacent track was stored at the time at least one of the ex-NYC passenger cars.

When was the dock spur and the grade crossing on Route 20A removed?

by scottychaos

TB,

unless we are talking about a different spur,
the line still goes right to the edge of the lake, and the 20A crossing is still in place.

Its a straight-shot right out of the lakeville yard..track ends mere feet from the lake shore...I saw some tank cars stored there, between 20A and the lake, earlier this year..

Scot

by TB Diamond

Scott:

Thank you for the info. My recall that the spur is gone was flawed.

by railwatcher

A nice picture of the dock with railcars sitting on it is on the wall in Minnehans Restraunt in Lakeville.

Greg

by superdart

Does anyone know the story behind the dock? What happened to it?

I was born in '75 and I don't remember any dock......

by TB Diamond

There is a photo of the dock dated 1895 in Gordon's Erie RR Rochester Div. book. The dock was for direct passenger and freight steamboat connections to the railroad.

by superdart

Hmm...I'll have to check that out Minnehan's photo when I come home.

by railwatcher

scottychaos wrote:TB,

Its a straight-shot right out of the lakeville yard..track ends mere feet from the lake shore...I saw some tank cars stored there, between 20A and the lake, earlier this year..

Scot
Everytime I go by there, they have tank cars parked there, so it has to be a regular occurance. Must be a staging area for ADM. One thing about this is those double tracks are tucked out of the way. Truely the end of the line.