• Kenworth/Peterbilt in Chillicothe

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by dhaugh

The truck plant at Chillicothe - is it rail served in any way? Parts, finished goods, etc?

by SlowFreight

I know outbound doesn't go by rail--yet. Maybe the new unilevel racks (from Johnstown America?) will put a dent in that, but I've met road drivers in the Phoenix airport that were returning from delivering new Chillicothe tractors. Usually, they'll be stacked in 3's for the trip out, and you get a discount on your new tractor if it was the one that did the pulling.

I would guess parts don't come in that way because the volume is so much lower than an auto plant, but this is a total guess on my part.

by h81627allegheny

No we do not serve Kenworth at all. I as many always thought that it would be a bad public relations thing for Kenworth to put their trucks on rail to ship since railroads want to take trucks off of the roads and highways.

Dave