• Juniata Terminal E-8's at Alto Tower (pic attached)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by Devil 505

nice shot, did you get that from the 17th street bridge?
  by dwil89

Devil 505 wrote:nice shot, did you get that from the 17th street bridge?
Yes....from the sidewalk....

by kevikens

Now THAT is a great picture.

by PARailWiz

It is a great picture, but I'm a bit out of the loop. Can someone explain what's going on with this train?
  by dwil89

PARailWiz wrote:It is a great picture, but I'm a bit out of the loop. Can someone explain what's going on with this train?
This was a special NS OCS powered by Bennett Levin's E-8's. It was for a group of Rail Historians from 'The 'Lexington Group'. The Special loaded at Rutherford, near Harrisburg early on Friday Sept 30th, and traveled West on the Pittsburgh Line through Altoona to the top of the hill, and around the Loop Track between UN and AR back to Altoona, where the consist layed over for 2 hours so the passengers could have lunch. The train then continued East to Tyrone, where it went North up the Nittany and Bald Eagle Line to Lock Haven, and then down the Buffalo Line back to Rutherford by evening. It was a hush hush type deal, so not too many people knew about it.....

by PARailWiz

Cool, thanks.

by joshuahouse

Who or what is "The Lexington Group"?
  by dwil89

I'm not al that familiar with it, but from an explanation I read elsewhere, it is a Group of Rail Historians.....

by joshuahouse

Interesting, must be a well thought of or well connected one to pull a PV train like that.

by Pennsylvania RR

Great Shot. They sure are beautiful locomotives.